Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Little Regrets

Do you ever have something you wish you could do over in life? But, it's nothing life-altering or crucial? They're just a little regrets that would probably not have impacted your life greatly, but they still haunt you from time to time. I have this one moment from 8th grade (living in the past, are we, Rayven?) that I wish I could re-do. It's actually silly how much I still ponder this moment (seriously, it probably pops up into my mind at least once a month randomly). You guys are going to laugh, but here it is:

Ironically funny? (Yet true.)


I was competing in an 8th grade field day event, a run of some sort (a sprint, I think) and there were a few other girls, about six, that were competing against me. So, the race begins and we all take off. Then, out of the corner of my eye, one of the girls fell. I thought for a second: "hey, I should go help her up, it's just a race," but did I? No. Honestly, I just don't know why I didn't. Now, I just think about how much I should have helped her - I have since I made the choice to not do it in 8th grade. I told you it's silly, but I just really wish I would have helped her. I don't know. 


It's hard to forget these little regrets and honestly, we should. They're just things that haunt us and remind us of what we should have, could have, would have, done differently. But, we can't change them now, only acknowledge what we would do if we could do it again.


What are some of your little regrets?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment