Monday, July 29, 2013

Gym Bag Necessities!

I used to be someone that never carried a bag to the gym until I started working out more. I guess I just never felt the need to have one. But, now when I work out, I get really gross and sweaty and I have a few things that help make me feel fresh and clean after a workout and things I consider necessities in order to even work out.



Olay Fresh Effects S'Wipes | These are my absolutely favorite wipes to have after a workout. They smell fantastic, are affordable, can be found in any store and leave me feeling clean! ($5)

Nivea Creme | So I got this for Christmas in a little package and it was literally just collecting dust in a drawer, never to be used. However, the more I began using free weights, the more (painful) callouses my hands seemed to be getting. This stuff is AWESOME. It's thicker than normal lotion and definitely gets the job done. It eases the pain from my callouses and helps them recover. + There is no strong smell (smells like baby powder, if anything). ($1)

Soap & Glory "Hand Food" | After I use the Creme, I like to use regular lotion to make me smell a little better and make my hands feel lighter after applying the thick creme. I love the smell of this stuff! Can be found at Sephora. ($5)

Deodorant |Your preference :)You just never know when you may need more/accidentally forget to put some on at home!

Rose Bud Salve
| I just recently came across this little miracle! This stuff is now one of my "holy grail" products.I use it as chap stick and on my hands around my callouses if they are reallllly hurting (I'm serious ya'll, they hurt after a hard workout....Meh). I purchased mine from Bath & Body Works. ($5.50)



A Lock  | I just don't feel comfortable leaving stuff in my car while I work out. I throw everything of value into my gym bag and use a locker at the gym. I personally like having a lock with a key (that I just carry with me while I work out). ($5-$10)

Headphones | If I don't have headphones, I can't work out. It's sad, but true. I just need to listen to music to keep me pumped up and in the zone. Skull Candy is my favorite brand for working out with. ($5-$???)

Camelbak   | I am OBSESSED with Camelbaks! OK, so I do agree that they are a bit pricey for water bottles, BUT, I now think of them as an investment. They have a lifetime guarantee and are just amazing. I love the little spout and that they are super durable. I highly recommend one! ($15)

Granola/Nutri-Grain Bars | I am someone who just has to have something right after I leave the gym. These tide me over and the sugar jolt is perfect for after a workout.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment