Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Color Run




So I ran The Color Run today! I've heard so many great things about this 5K (3 miles) and decided this year would be the year to do it! I woke up at 6 am (BLEH) and the race started at 8 am. They had heats going so we didn't start running until about 8:15ish. I was confused at first as to when I was going to be colored, but I really enjoyed how they did it. They just had little areas you ran thru and people would spray you with the designated color. By the end  I was so sweaty because it was about a billion degrees out, but it was worth it. Then, after you've finished, there's a "party" with a DJ and that's when you throw your color packet up in the air and get even more color! They gave away some free stuff and there was dancing. I was very impressed with how this event was prepared for. They gave away free food and water at the race and had clothes pins (they thought of everything!), a headband, a SOFT shirt and 2 tattoos in the bag you get for running the race. Overall, I would strongly recommend this 5k if you don't want to be too competitive and just want to have fun with friends.








post signature



To learn more about The Color Run, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment