Monday, August 12, 2013

Golden Tote July 2013 Review!





So I have recently started obsessing over subscription boxes - they're just - amazing. I have 3 coming this month!! Well, 2 more after this one. Anyway, Golden Tote is a subscription service that is either $49 or $149.

In the $49 box, you pick 1 item from the site and they surprise you with 2-3 more items. In the $149 box, you pick 2 items and they surprise you with 5-6 more items.

Now, $49/$149 is a lot for a subscription box - no denying that - BUT, these clothes are of high quality and are worth way more than that price. I personally sprang for the $49 box since this is my first one and I don't want to spend $149 on a box because I'm a broke college kid. 




Let's talk about the July box!
* I know I'm writing about this in August, but you ordered the tote on July 22nd ....So, technically it's the "July 2013" tote?


So the tote comes in a brown box, with gold wrapping paper (not pictured) and a reusable tote - I love that EVERY box comes with a reusable tote. Your items are wrapped inside this tote. I also like that each box on the inside has your name written inside (it's a small gesture, but to me, it shows they care and are actually picking your items for you).




Puella Swing Dress ($88) |


This is the one item I picked out for my GT. This alone is worth more than the price I paid for my box, so that's nice.It is very good quality in that it is thick enough I could wear it in the fall and not be freezing, but I could also wear it in the ending summer-time weather and not be too hot (if that is even possible? ha!) I like that it is also long enough to wear to more "grown up" events (interviews, etc...) and it would be appropriate.  It's also super easy to accessorize, you could add a scarf, wear a watch, belt, jean jacket, etc... and it would still look put-together. The ONLY negative about it is that you kind of have to wear a belt at the waist. As you can see above, without a belt it kind of looks like a (cute) nightgown.

This was my favorite item and I'm glad I picked it! :)
 

Puella Tribal Shirt ($50) | 
This next item is one I was surprised with. It's a cute little casual shirt. I like the print/color of it. I honestly probably wouldn't buy this shirt if I was in a store shopping. It's REALLY light/thin, so that's good for summer, bad for fall. However, it fits, it will be cute with leggings and black boots, I'll make it work. 

PS. I hope you like that I really dressed up for y'all....wearing the running shorts with it ;) 



Ban.do Bobby Pins ($10?) |


I received these beause I was one of the first 75 customers to order (I would totally place that girl holding her hand up emoji - that says I'm the best haha - here if I could). They're cute, but kind of harsh on my hair (pulls when taking out). I may keep the blue ones and give the gold ones to my little sister.


Striped Scarf ($15?) |


This final item was also a surprise! It's a cute little scarf. I like it because it will be perfect for spring/summer time. It is just a normal scarf that I looped around my neck (not an infinity scarf). I like it, but I'm someone who has a ton of scarves...No, seriously, I have 30, I've counted. So, I'll happily take it, but I would've preferred another shirt.



VERDICT  |    Not blown away. I am going to order another $49 tote next month, but if it isn't better (more clothes, less accessories) then I probably won't order another.


If you want to know more about the Golden Tote, click here.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment