Friday, June 21, 2013

MaryKay Influenster Box Review!

Ok, so I just recently signed up for the Influenster program, which is a FREE subscription service that sends you products to try/review (did I mention that it's FREE?) The only downside to this program is that you are not guaranteed to receive a box each month, it just depends on if you qualify. If you'd like to know more about the program, go here.


So this month I received a Mary Kay "voxbox" filled with $80 worth of full-sized products! I am super excited because I have honestly never even tried Mary Kay products just because it's kind of a hassle to find a distributor person and go thru the catalog and blah blah blah...

In the box there was a piece of paper that listed the products and their prices (which, I really like because if I like something, I want to know how much it is). So, now I am going to review the products and give you my 100% HONEST thoughts/opinions on all of the products.


1. Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening mascara in "I love black" - $15.00 

This mascara's box claims to "create bold length and exaggerate the look of lashes with this long-wearing, non-flaking formula." On the box, it also says that it will give you "seriously separated lashes."
WOAH. SKUUUURT. So, it's non-flaking, long-lasting, lengthening AND clump free? I'm intrigued now. Especially at the clump-free lashes!

Impressions: WORTH IT! Honestly, it is everything the box claims. NO clumps and I did notice that my lashes looked longer. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who wants to try a new mascara that will give you clump-free, lengthening wear. A truly fabulous mascara.



2. Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush - $10.00 

 Impressions: Nice, but not necessary. I used this for the cream eyeshadow, but even the eyeshadow says that you can apply with your fingers (which, I think worked better honestly). As for a concealer brush, I did not try it, as I don't really use concealer. The brush is made well and even after running my fingers thru it a few times, no hairs came loose. I did notice that it holds the cream eyeshadow after use, meaning, you are going to have to clean it a lot.... But, if you're looking for a new concealer brush, it may be worth a go.



3. Mary Kay Lash Primer - $15.00

The box claims "instantly intensify volume and length with this clear dual-purpose formula that can be used as a lash-conditioning undercoat or worn alone for a natural look."

Impressions: Not sold. Ok, so I really like the idea behind it that it nourishes your lashes, BUT, I personally am just skeptical about this kind of stuff. Maybe  I need to use it a few times to really form an opinion, but I just don't think it's worth the $15.00... I would rather buy the mascara. Also, when I applied it, it hardly seemed like anything was even on the brush. I will say, however, it kind of smells like fruit...Which I enjoy. If  you're just a curious cat and want to try this primer,  or have tried it, let me know what you think!



4. Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in "Violet Storm) - $22.00
Impressions: Worth it. It is very smooth and goes on easily. You definetly do not have to put a ton on to see this color. On that topic, I wish I would have received a different color other than purple (however, I do like trying new things). I'm just very fair and it doesn't take much to make me look like a drag queen with dark makeup on. I used the brush mentioned above, but found that smudging it with my finger worked a lot better and made it blend easy. I also placed a lighter shadow on the top of it, which made it look better on my skin.Overall, I like this eyeshadow and would definitely be willing to try a more subtle color(I'm thinkin' "Beach Blonde") I will, however, still use this one for going out and what not! *This shadow would also be an awesome base shadow for sure.

Up close & personal! ;)


5. Mary Kay True Dimensions Lip Stick in "Pink Cherie" -$18.00
Impressions: O.M.G. Guys, I don't even know where to begin. This lipstick is AMAAAAAAZING. My absolute favorite thing I received. I was very pleased with my color as well, it's perfect for summer! It goes on SO smooth and is so creamy, but light! I would absolutely recommend this lipstick to anyone/everyone. While it's a tad pricey, it's an investment in my opinion. I can't wait to get more colors!!


Up close again, haha.



















I know this was a long post, so thanks for stayin' with me! Again, all of these products were compliments of the Mary Kay Influenster program. I was not paid to make this post/say these things. They are all my honest opinions.



No comments:

Post a Comment