Monday, October 14, 2013

October 2013 BirchBox Review!



Alright, so this subscription box is one I have been watching for awhile now. It was actually the first one  I had ever even heard of and basically started my love for these boxes.

BirchBox is a $10 monthly subscription service that sends you beauty/lifestyle samples. This box was my second month (sorry, didn't write about the first one!) and I'm in love.

My other beauty subscription box, Ipsy, has really been disappointing me (I'm 99% positive I'm going to unsubscribe actually) so I decided to give BB a go.




What I like about BB:

  • -$10
  • -Monthly
  • -High quality samples (Benefit, the Balm, etc...) 
  • -Delivered early in the month (about the 7th) 
  • -$10 is taken out of bank account every 1st of the month (no guessing) 
  • - You can make money back! Ok, so you get 10 pts for every box you get and then you get 10 pts for every product you review that you received in a monthly box! Once you get 100 pts you get $10 to use towards buying whatever you want in their store, which has products, phone cases, etc... I'm only on my second box and I'm already at 130 pts. So, it's super easy/realistic to do!



Now, let's talk about the box:




The Balm's "Staniac" | Sample size $8, Full size $ 17

This is theBalm's best-selling stain and one of their most well-known products. I had never tried it before, so I was super pumped to get it in my box.
Overall, I think this product is alright. It could possibly just be the color I received, but I can't really see it well on my skin, I'd have to apply it a lot. I think this product is raved about a lot though, so I would suggest everyone at least try it once to see if it will work for them! Who knows, your life could be changed...

Learn more!












12 Benefits "Instant Healthy Hair Treatment" | Sample size $9, Full size $19


I'm all about haircare products and products that will make my hair stronger and healthier. The nice thing about this product is that it is made without sulfates, formaldehyde and all the other gross stuff for your hair. This product is supposed to detangle, protect and heal your hair. I have been using mine when I get out of the shower and I think the detangling aspect works! It's hard for me to say if the other two claims work, as I don't frequently study my hair under a microscope, but it smells very nice and I may be making a purchase with my BB points!


Learn more!










Supergoop "City Sunscreen Serum" | Sample size $8, Full size $20-42

Soooooo, I'm a pretty bad white girl. I never use sunscreen in the winter or when I'm not going to be outside for more than 8+ hours. Which, is awful because I'm so fair and get sunburned easily. I love this sample size because it's small enough to throw in a purse/book bag and carry with me. This sunscreen is SPF 30 and has anti-aging technology. It is also made without parabens and has no fragrances. I think I'm going to actually try to wear some this winter and see if I age any less... (ha).


Learn more!

Evologie "Stay Clear Cream" | Sample size $15, Full size $62

Alright, I love that they included this in the box, as I love moisturizers, but realistically I will never purchase one for $62. Maybe when I'm a big girl and have an actual job, but not for the next 4 years. However, if you are someone who is interested in splurging, I really do enjoy this product. It is smooth, goes on easily and I haven't broken out from it. It is supposed to protect skin and balance oil levels, which I believe it does.  It is also supposed to keep your skin clear, or help clear it, which is possibly why it is so pricey. I've only been using it a few days, but so far I haven't seen any acne.  It doesn't have a smell, or hardly one at all and I do enjoy the consistency. Great product, awful price for a college gal like myself.

Learn more!






Chapstick "Hydration Lock" | Full size, $3

When I saw I received chapstick, I was a little confused. BUT, I love this stuff! I've always enjoyed this basic brand, but this kind especially smells good and feels amazing on. You can also use it as a primer before you put your lipstick on and it's supposed to make it last longer (haven't tried that yet). I love that they included a coupon in the box, too!


Learn more!














Price paid: $10, Estimated BB value: $43

I'm extremely happy with BB and already can't wait to get next month's box! I would highly recommend this box to anyone who wants to try higher quality makeup but doesn't want to commit to the price just yet. 




To learn more about BB, click here




*I paid for this box with my own money, all opinions are my own.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment