Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Favorite Beauty YouTubers


For the past couple of years, I have been attempting to step up my makeup game (that is, when I actually decide to wear makeup) and try new brands, techniques and discover what works in my favor.

Enter the beauty gurus of YouTube. I'm not sure how I came to learn about these gurus, I'd like to think the beauty gods from above sent some good vibes and wisdom my way so that I would venture to YouTube .....but who am I to really say? I have learned so much about brands, products, haircare and techniques from them.  The nice thing about these gals are that they are honest with you, which is great, because I am a broke college girl and would be decently pissed if I went out and bought this "amaaaazinggggg" $60 foundation and discovered it was just as good as the $6 stuff I already own.


So, if you're ugly like me and want to improve your looks so someone will like you, but don't have the means to just go try a product and throw it away because it didn't work for you, I strongly recommend taking a gander at these women!





 Here are my favorite beauty gurus that can be found on YouTube:


Ingrid Nilsen | "MissGlamorazzi"

Ingrid is adorable. Seriously. I would say she is my favorite for a few reasons:
1. She posts videos quite frequently.
2. She isn't all makeup - she does healthy recipes, too!
3. Her apartment is perfection.
4. She mixes high end products and drugstore products.

Ingrid is fantastic if you have shorter hair, dark hair, light/medium skin tone, or oily skin ...or want to learn how to decorate - seriously her apartment is awesome. 


Casey Holmes | "itsbl0ndie"

Casey is the best for tutorials. She also posts quite frequently, but demonstrates a lot more makeup looks and hairstyles than any of the others.  I love this guru because she REALLY breaks things down for you, like how to apply false eyelashes, do a winged eyeliner, how to highlight/contour - she's awesome!

Casey is wonderful if you have long, dark hair, color-treated hair (dyes it blonde at times), medium skin tone and want to learn more about using high-end products or learn about basic makeup techniques. 


Allison Anderson | "Amarixe"

Allison has a lot of drugstore products she uses - which is great! "Amarixe" is very honest about these products and will definitely let you know what doesn't work. She is also great because she talks about fitness, recipes and does a lot of "favorites" videos.

You should take a look at Allison's page if you have blonde hair, medium skin tone, want to learn about drugstore products and see makeup tutorials or even some D.I.Y projects!


Elle Fowler | "AllThatGlitters21"

Elle was one of my first beauty gurus I began watching. She is awesome because she has a lot of higher end products, but does use drugstore products as well. Also, her apartment is perfection as well!

Elle will be perfect for you if you have medium length hair, blonde hair or color-treated hair (she does dye it darker at times), light/medium skin, oily skin problems and want both a mixture of high end and drugstore products. If you want to decorate your apartment, she is fantastic inspiration. 


Fleur Bell | "FleurDeForce"

Fleur is from the U.K. and mostly discusses products we don't get in the U.S. (but can always order online). However, she does review U.S. products as well.  She also has a bridal channel!


Fleur is perfect if you want to learn more about European  brands and things to try from overseas.




Until next time, 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment