Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August 2013 PopSugar Review!


So, as you have already figured out by using your detective skills: I am a subscription box ADDICT.

WELL, this subscription box I am super pumped about! I am someone who researches and researches and researches these subscription boxes by watching unboxing videos, reading reviews, looking for the best deals, etc... Because I want to make sure 1. it's legit 2. it's worth it.

This subscription service is called the "PopSugar Must Have Box." It is $35 each month (I have a coupon for you later on) for a whole bundle of surprise goodies that vary - From make-up, jewelry, beauty products, food, discounts, gift cards, decorative things and even fitness gear!
  *There are men's boxes at certain times of the year, but they are more expensive.










I have anxiously been awaiting this box all month! So....Let's get started!



Let's talk about the August box!


Isn't she a beauty?

The contents when you take the tissue paper away.


NatureBox Granny Smith Apples | $5
So I was kind of iffy about these at first, but they are delicious! They're literally just apples that have been dried a little. Nothing else added. I would for sure buy them if I saw them in the store.
*You also received a 50% off code for your first Naturebox (another sub. service).  
I loved this product and it was def. something I wouldn't normally buy!



Gorjana Griffin "Open Circle" Necklace | $65

This necklace was a "gift" to all subscribers because this was PopSugar's 1 year anniversary! Now, I would NEVER spend $65 on a necklace that's nothing special, so I really like that it was included in this box. I do like the necklace, however. it sits in a nice spot on my neck/chest (doesn't hang too low) and it can be used in casual or dressy situations. I'm pleased.


Lunares Apple Bowl | $45
This is just a cute little dish to put things in. It says you can use it for food, but I personally think it's cuter for jewelry or in an entry way or something. A lot of people hated this, but I'm not sure why! It's just a cute little bowl....some people will never be pleased :)



Bentgo Bento box | $ 20

 This is by far my favorite thing I received! I am super weird and obsessed with lunch boxes and stuff to put my lunch in (I know, I told you I'm odd) and this is PERFECT for organizing your food. I've already used mine like 10 times and it's wonderful. I can put pasta, pizza, salad or a sandwich in the bottom. You can heat the bottom half in the microwave as well! I also really enjoy the cutlery with it, it just makes it so much easier if you ask me.

Maybooks Weekly To-do's book | $15

I lol'd.






 This is a product I received that I think I will eventually use, but I probably wouldn't buy on my own only because I don't really need a notebook strictly for "to-do's" ...It is cute, however.

 *You also received a card that had a code for either $5, $50 or $500 to use at Maybooks.com....Guess what mine had......$5.



Lulah Body Wash in Vanilla Orchid | $12
I love this stuff! Its smells AHHHH-MAZING!! It is also something that you don't need perfume or anything scented that day because it smells so nice and it stays on your skin (the smell) throughout the day.



Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse/Cleansing gel | $14
Okay, so these are just little trial-sized items, but I like it that way. I've used this stuff a couple of times now and I really enjoy it. My face feels really clean and pure after using it & I'm considering buying the larger sizes and using these for when I go places (obvi). They also smell really nice..kind of minty/lavendery? 

So, the "pre-clease" is what you put on first, on your dry face with your dry hands, then you wash it off with cool water, then apply the gel cleanser. I'd never heard of a pre-cleanse before, but, hey! It does the face wonders apparently. 

*You also received 30% off of your purchase at Dermalogica.com!







VERDICT | Overall, I am very happy with my first PopSugar box! I am too excited to receive September's box because  last year it was amazing!! I love this service because it's 1. a sub. box & I'm surprised by everything and 2. I get to try/have things I may not have normally bought in a store.
I paid $35 for over $170!



*I paid for this PopSugar box with my own money. All of these opinions are my own.




If you would like to learn more about PopSugar, click here
***Use the coupon refer5 for $5 off your first box!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment