Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 2013 Ipsy Review!




I'll say it: I am ADDICTED to subscription boxes. They're just so so so exciting to receive! You don't know what is going to be in them (unless, you're anxious like me and look for spoilers online) so they're like little presents that come in the mail each month!

 Ipsy (formerly "My glam bag") is a beauty subscription service that is $10 a month, but you will receive beauty/skin care items that are worth WAY more than the price of the bag. You also get a little make-up bag each month. Here are what my past bags look like:





I use the white one in my gym bag for my necessities, the chevron one for my eye make-up and the cheetah one (my favorite!!) as a pencil pouch for school and the pink one holds my little travel-sized items.


 Now, I'm someone who was super on the fence about which subscription service to try- I mean, there are seriously hundreds of beauty subscription boxes in the US. I was between Ipsy and Birch Box for the longest time. I watched review video after review video of each (just go on Youtube and search "Ipsy review" or "Birch Box review") to see which was a better value and had products I would enjoy. I eventually decided on Ipsy (even though, I may still give BB a go!) but I was also on the fence about this for awhile because the first 2 boxes were kind of meh. BUT, these past 2 boxes have been AWESOME.

Well, let's get into August's bag!

It's delivered in this pretty pink package thru USPS :)
   
Inside the package is the "glam bag" and all of the products!
I'm not crazy about this month's bag. Honestly, I think it's pretty ugly, but I'll still find a use for it...I somehow always seem to..


Products in this month's bag:


Nailtini Nail polish (Full size) $13| This is the item I was least excited about receiving. I'm just someone who has a ton of nail polishes and doesn't need any more. I also am not crazy about this color since fall is coming and summer is basically over. But, it's nice that it is full size.

Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub (1 oz) $10 | I have been wanting to try Michael Todd products for so long now! But, Michael Todd is kind of pricey. I was so thrilled when I saw we were getting a travel-size of the facial scrub! I tried it and I really like it. I like that it's black  (idk, it's neat) and it left my face feeling smooth :) I think I'm definitely going to be buying some Michael Todd products when our 30% coupon comes later in the month...(You also get discount coupons from each company that is provided in the bags - even if you didn't get that company's product in your own bag). (Full size: $18)

Pixi Lash Booster Mascara (mini) $7 | I have seen Pixi products in Target for years and have always wanted to try it. I personally think it's too expensive for Target (it's priced like department store make-up). I was really excited to try this, but I am kind of disappointed. This mascara wasn't very pigmented, the wand was waaaay too thick so I kept getting mascara above my eyelashes (annoyinnnnng) and it didn't last very long during the day. I wouldn't recommend this product. (Full size: $17)

Pacifica BB Cream (.34 oz ) $7 | I am someone who loves BB creams. I really do. But, this one was okay. It is tinted, buttttt...not really a good color for my skin tone (it's too dark). It did feel light and airy, so that's nice, but I'm not sure I would buy it in a store. I do like the size of this sample because it allows me to use it a few times (it's a generous sample size) and determine if I really do like it or not. Maybe I'll change my mind after a couple more uses? (Full size: $16)

Noya Vanilla Chapstick (Full size) $4 | Ok, So I was super bummed when I saw that I got chap stick in my bag. I mean, I can go BUY chap stick anytime. BUT, I actually really love this chap stick. It smells amazing, is very moisturizing and the company (Noya) gives chap sticks to homeless people (ok, that sounds kind of funny because I mean, chap stick to homeless people? I doubt that's what they want...but it's still nice!!) and it's made from natural products.




Overall, this month was good and I'm happy with my bag. It could have been better, but I'm still happy I only paid $10 for $41 worth of products!




 I strongly recommend this service for anyone who wants to try the more expensive make-up, but doesn't want to rush into it yet; someone who doesn't have a lot of make-up, but wants more; someone who just loves make-up! ;or anyone who loves little surprises each month :)

*If you want to see what has been in previous bags, go to YouTube and search "Ipsy review"
** I honestly think these bags are getting better & better each month! So, sign up while you can :)


To learn more about Ipsy, please click here! Let me know if you have any questions at all!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment